Committee of the Whole Agenda
Standing Committee of the City Council, Minneapolis, Minnesota
April 26, 2017 – 10:00 a.m.
Room 317, City Hall
Members: Council Members Elizabeth Glidden (Chair), Barbara Johnson, Lisa Bender, Alondra Cano, Jacob Frey, Lisa Goodman, Cam Gordon, Andrew Johnson, Linea Palmisano, John Quincy, Kevin Reich, Adbi Warsame, and Blong Yang
Council Committee Coordinator: Diana Armstrong, 612-673-2371
City Coordinator’s Office
1. Transgender Equity Council appointments (17-00568)
1. Approving the following two-year term Council appointments beginning Jan. 1, 2017, and ending Dec. 31, 2018:
1. Nova Bradford, Ward 7, Seat 1
2. Milin Dutta, Ward 12, Seat 2
3. EJ Olson, Ward 12, Seat 3
4. Zeam Porter, Ward 5, Seat 4
5. Nic Puechner, Ward 8, Seat 5
6. Freya Richman, Ward 10, Seat 6
2. Confirming the following two-year term Mayoral appointments for two-year terms beginning Jan. 1, 2017, and ending Dec. 31, 2018:
1. Nathalie Crowley, Ward 7, Seat 7
2. Taylor Rose Payer, Ward 9, Seat 8
Neighborhood and Community Relations
2. American Indian Memorandum of Understanding 2017 refresh (17-00569)
Receiving and filing the 2017 Refresh of the American Indian Memorandum of Understanding.
Human Resources and Finance & Property Services
3. Medical plan self-insurance (17-00567)
1. Authorizing the implementation of single-employer, self-insured medical plan effective Jan. 2, 2018.
2. Authorizing necessary contracts to effectuate the implementation of the self-insured medical plan.
Reports of Committees
The Reports of Committees portion of the agenda is an opportunity for Council Members to review recommendations coming forward to the next full Council meeting for consideration. Agendas for each committee are linked to this document below.
· Community Development & Regulatory Services (17-00571)
Health, Environment & Community Engagement (17-00550)
· Intergovernmental Relations (17-00573)
· Public Safety, Civil Rights & Emergency Management (17-00570)
· Transportation & Public Works (17-00551)
· Ways & Means
· Zoning & Planning (17-00572)
Notice: A portion of this meeting may be closed to the public pursuant to MN Statutes Section 13D.03 or 13D.05
Committee actions will be referred to the next Council Meeting: April 28, 2017
Next Committee Meeting: May 10, 2017
Submit written comments about agenda items to: email@example.com
For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats please contact the City Clerk's Office at 612-673-2216 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626. Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.