Requesting Police Data
MPD Records Information Unit
- We answer all requests for Minneapolis Police Department data as stated in department policy and the Minnesota Data Practices law under Minnesota State Statute 13.82.
How to get public information
You can ask for public information in person during our normal business hours.
Records Information Unit
350 S. 5th St., Room 31
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Closed holidays and weekends.
- Identification is not needed when making a request for public data.
- All requests are handled on a first come, first serve basis.
Fees for Data Requests
- Inspection of data is always free.
- You will be charged a fee to receive printed or electronic copies of materials and reports.
- Staff will tell you costs before processing requests for printed or copied materials.
- See Data Charges for Public Access to Public Data.
For more information
- Contact [email protected]
Last updated Jan 6, 2020